Pioneers in their field, Hussain and Yasmin Zahid are the husband and wife team behind Ocean Group Maldives: curators of some of the world’s best water sports experiences.
Founded in 1998, the group’s impressive 20-year track record speaks for itself: from Hussain’s personal accolades (seven times Maldivian national champion in windsurfing and sailing) to the world-exclusive 2018 launch of the 3-person DeepFlight Falcon 3S.
The first to bring LIFT Electric Foil, X-JETS Jetblade, X-JETS Jetpack, SEABOB, CORE Kite, MASTERCRAFT boat, CROWNLINE boat and PARITET glass bottom boat to the Maldives, Ocean Group Maldives runs three interlinked operations: resort-based water sports and PADI 5-star centres; a distribution and service centre for leading industry brands; and marine biologist led coral restoration projects. The company also offers secondary resort-based services including retail and photography.
Hussain grew up in the Maldives and has spent 28 years in the tourism industry. As well as being pretty handy on a windsurf and catamaran, he is an internationally qualified water sports trainer certified by Royal Yachting Association, UK; WWS and VDWS, Germany. As founder and CEO, Hussain leads the company with a laser sharp focus on excellence.
Yasmin was raised in Singapore and dedicated a large part of her career to corporate travel, using her experience to forge Ocean Group’s bespoke partnerships with some of Asia’s leading luxury resorts, all celebrated for their eco-tourism and sustainability credentials. Yasmin holds a Master’s degree in Marketing with University College Dublin, Ireland. Yasmin leads the team in business development, PR and marketing.
Ocean Group Maldives manages and operates 14 water sports and dive centres under the supervision of Moosa Zahid as Director of Operations and Sales. Moosa is also a VDWS certified water sports trainer.
Our portfolio includes:
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island *
- Dusit Thani Maldives *
- Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort*
- Radisson Blu Resort Maldives*
- Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives *
- Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Maldives *
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi *
* In addition to water sports centres, Ocean Group Maldives also manages and operates PADI 5-Star dive centres at these resorts offering a wide range of certification courses with the latest dive equipment and gear.